- Bullying prevention program “Quest for Respect” for elementary students and parents
- Hands on computer safety program for parents held at the SMS
- Lecture/discussion with abuse survivor Dr. Nan Hocking- McDonough documentary film maker/professor
- Hosted presentation of Deana’s Fund the “Yellow Dress” at the Stoneham Theater for students and parents
- “Dear Lisa” Program on dating violence for all Stoneham HS 10th graders
- Mother & Daughter program on healthy relationships
- Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) classes for women
- RAD for kids
- Hosted nationally renowned “Clothesline Project” – a display of t-shirts bearing witness to both victims and survivors of domestic violence
- Hosted the “Silent Witness” a nationwide traveling exhibit of free-standing, life size red wooden silhouettes; representing murdered victims in MA due to acts of intimate partner violence.
Up Coming Events
Please join us for a brown bag lunch series 12 p.m to 1 p.m beginning Wednesday, May 4th. Bring your lunch to The First Congregational Church at One Church Street, Stoneham, MA. Topics will include: Healthy Relationships-Why It's hard to Get Help-Workplace Domestic Abuse-What is Abuse-How you Can Help-Warning Signs of Abuse
Contact: Domestic Violence Liaison (1-718-438-1215 x 3106)
Elder Abuse Round Table at the Senior Center in June 2011. Stay tuned for details.